To Our Valued Guests:
As we acclimate to a new set of operational guidelines resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, please know that we are following all state and federal guidelines to mitigate the risk of disease transmission at our inns, hotels and vacation rental properties. We have developed the practices and plans below as our commitment to making your travel experience one that you can be confident in booking and take comfort in knowing that the health and safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. Our commitment to you includes the following:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols: Our Administrative, Guest Service, Housekeeping and Maintenance teams continue to implement our elite level of cleanliness while adding extra sanitary measures throughout our properties.
- All of our guest rooms, common areas and kitchens are meticulously disinfected and cleaned as a general practice; however, our housekeepers are taking extra steps to sterilize all surfaces, furniture, linens, dishware and flatware.
- All of our team members have been instructed to follow all personal sanitary procedures recommended by the Center for Disease Control, U.S. Department of Health, and World Heath Organizations.
- COVID-19 Modified Cancelation Policy: We are trying to be as flexible as possible with our cancelation policy during the COVID-19 crisis. In doing so, we have enacted a temporary amendment to our standard cancelation policy that will apply ONLY to verifiable COVID-19 related cancellations.
If a Guest's reservation is cancelled within the nonrefundable period stated in the terms and conditions at time of their booking, a date change without fees or a gift certificate in the total value of the reservation at that time will be offered.
Should Guest not comply with the Rhode Island Department of Health's mandated COVID-19 Certificate of Compliance Submittal, Guest's reservation will be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival and the total value of the reservation at that time will be placed on a gift certificate.
- Contactless Check-In/Check-Out Procedures: We have always used a keyless entry system, which allows our guests to arrive and let themselves into their accommodation without ever needing to physically check-in with another human being. We will continue to utilize this contactless system which generates a key code for each guest that is emailed 48 hours prior to arrival with parking and directional info. Similarly, upon departure guests are just asked to lock the door behind them.
We are all in this together. The Vacation Newport team is following CDC recommendations on hygiene to prevent infection and we are asking you to do your part as well. Guests are required to wear masks in common spaces and follow The State of Rhode Island's social distancing regulations. For the safety and well-being of our employees and our guests, we are asking anyone who is feeling ill and/or has been diagnosed or exposed to the Coronavirus to refrain from traveling at this time.
Please note that it is the guest's responsibility to familiarize yourself with government travel regulations to confirm your eligibility to stay with us, especially those from out-of-state. A letter we received from the Rhode Island Department of Health mandates visitors to Rhode Island from these states that have COVID-19 positive testing rates above 5% are required to self-quarantine for 14 days. As an exception, you may provide proof of a negative test for COVID-19 that was taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in Rhode Island. Prior to check-in, guests will receive a COVID19 At Home Quarantine guide and will be required to fill out and sign a certificate of compliance that outlines this information. The most up to date information on Rhode Island's COVID-19 response information is available at https://health.ri.gov/covid/.
Please contact us with any questions regarding our Comfort & Confidence Commitment. We can be reached by phone at 401-845-9400 or email at info@VacationNewport.com. We look forward to seeing your arrival in Newport, hopefully soon!